What We Do
Our mandate can be divided into 5 broad areas:
1. Programming: CFI Ontario hosts a robust public education and lecture series in Toronto and throughout Ontario, with notable Canadian, American and international speakers. We also host a variety of conferences focusing on areas like science and the media, the tools of skepticism, and student leadership training.
2. Campus Outreach: Based at the Centre, we support a growing network of over a dozen student groups through resources and speakers. CFI Ontario has organized a Canadian expert advisory board comprised of prominent members of media, literary, entertainment and especially academic circles.
3. Community Outreach: We will connect our Centre to the
intellectual life and volunteer sector of our region by becoming a hub
for humanist action and community education groups that work on
humanitarian and social justice issues. In addition, our secular and
humanistic social services include humanist officiants, a Coping
Without Religion Support Group and chapters of SOS (Secular
Organizations for Sobriety).
4. Library and Media Centre: CFI Ontario maintains a lending
library of over a thousand books on relevant issues in philosophy,
science and religion. Our media centre comprises computer workstations
for educational and entertainment use by our members and for enrichment
5. CFI Ontario aims to become the leading venue in the province for the non-religious, humanist and freethought community through our community drop-in area and through frequent activities like social events, film nights, special workshops, discussion and hobby groups, and other intiatives of interest to members.
GET ON OUR MAILING LIST (All personal information is kept strictly confidential)
To get our weekly digest of news and activities send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get our flyers for exciting events in the mail send your complete mailing address to email@example.com