VoteSecular Response: Jim McGarva, Green Party, ON - St. Paul’sSecularism
1. Do you support the separation of religion and state, and government neutrality in all matters between believers, and atheists/agnostics?
Yes, absolutely and without reservation.
Freedom of Speech
2. Do you believe there should be any legal limits on the criticism of religious opinion in the public square?
3. Would you support repealing the law against blasphemy in the Criminal Code of Canada?
4. What is your position on granting people exemptions from neutral, generally applicable laws and policies based on their religious beliefs (e.g. "religious accommodations")?
5. Do you support granting an organization tax-exempt charitable status for the sole purpose of the "advancement of religion", if such an organization undertakes no other charitable activity (e.g. feeding the poor)?
6. Would you support an amendment to the National Anthem Act to remove the reference to God in the lyrics of O Canada?
Charter of Rights and Freedoms
7. Would you support an amendment to the preamble of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to remove the reference to the “Supremacy of God”?
8. What position do you hold concerning the legally-binding use by religious communities of separate religious courts (eg. in family law)?
Medicine and Health
9. Do you support the requirement that all products labeled "medicine", including homeopathic or naturopathic remedies, be required to pass the same rigorous testing as pharmaceuticals?
10. Do you support vaccination as a good public health measure?
Yes. It is a good public health measure.
Sorry, I hit send a little early here, and forgot to even sign off!
Keep up your good work and I'd love to talk to you more after the campaign is over and I have a bit more time on my hands.
Candidate, St. Paul's Green Party