Why Become a Donor or Friend of the Centre for Inquiry?
CFI Canada is entirely supported by private donations from supporters like you. Your donations are put to use in many ways:
- They support our events at which thousands of Canadians are educated about reason and science.
- They help support our staff as we take on the issues that matter most to you.
- They help support our public library hosting one of the largest collections of freethought literature in the country.
All of these things would not be possible without your commitment as a donor.
When you become a Friend of the Centre or a donor, you aren’t just joining a community, you are making a statement. You are making a commitment to critical thinking, scientific literacy, secular humanism, and freedom of thought in Canada and across the world. By getting involved, you are adding your voice to the thousands of others who are ready to make a stand for science and reason.
Recently CFI Canada has worked on these critical initiatives:
- Fighting against the Ugandan anti-gay legislation
- Official scientific advisers in multi-million dollar litigation against the largest homeopathic manufacturer in Canada
- Forcing the Catholic school system to allow Gay-Straight Alliances in Ontario
Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
Once you become a Friend of the Centre you will be supporting every issue we take on, every battle we fight, every media appearance in which we engage and every event we host.
Please note that your Friend of the Centre card takes about 4 weeks to arrive by mail. However, the benefits, such as discounted admission to events, may be enjoyed immediately simply by presenting your ID at any event.
All payments at levels above the “Family”
level are eligible for tax receipts. Please refer to the information
chart below for more details.
Please note that subscriptions to the Friends of the Centre program
automatically renew every year.
For more reasons you should join and a full list of incentives and options, click here.
Click for more membership options.
Click for more options for automatic monthly/annual donations.
Make a single donation (of any amount) to the Centre for Inquiry.
All donations/membership over $25 are eligible for charitable receipts. Canadian charity law prohibits tax receipts for any money that grants benefit to the giver. Thus, contributions at the Regular ($60) or Family ($80) levels do not qualify for a tax receipt. However, contributions at higher levels are eligible for a tax receipt for the donation less $60. Alternatively, donors that do not also ask to become Friends of the Centre receive a tax receipt for the full amount of their donation.