Supporting the Centre for Inquiry in our Fight for Reason, Science, Secularism & Free Inquiry
Modern civilization is built upon the achievements of science and technology, driven by Enlightenment values of democracy and human rights. With too few appreciating this and many actively undermining it, the sustainability and growth of a world-wide society based on reason, freedom and equality is far from guaranteed. At this critical threshold, the Centre for Inquiry is a unique institution fulfilling a critical role in Canada and around the world.
CFI is a national educational charity dedicated to advancing reason, science, secularism and free inquiry in all areas of human endeavour. We are leading the movement for critical inquiry into pseudoscience, religion, and alternative medicine, while promoting human values based on a naturalistic outlook. We hope you will explore the variety of tools - education, research, publishing, advocacy, campus outreach, and social services - through which we engage the public.
Achievements Speak for Themselves
CFI is the most Influential Educational, Political & Social Force for Secularism & Free Inquiry in Canada
- Featured in 17 national press stories, 5 national TV stories, hundreds of local and campus papers and radio programs, and one full-length TV documentary.
- Provided cross-Canada spokespeople to the Freethought Association of Canada led Atheist Bus Campaign.
- Established the first physical home for humanists, skeptics and freethinkers in Canada.
- Built a coalition that stopped public funding to private faith schools in Ontario.
- Received a rare invitation to speak on behalf of secularists to the Legislative Committee reviewing the Lord’s Prayer in Ontario, resulting in inclusion of the non-theist community in the accepted solution.
- Hosts the nation’s largest events defending controversial issues, like non-theism, evolution, and evidence-based medicine, including lectures that have drawn 300-1000+ individuals. Total attendance estimated at over 10,000 people at events across Canada.
- Established over 30 campus groups, 6 CFI branches and several affiliated groups across Canada.
- Built the first series of alliances between humanist and leading pro-secular faith groups, resulting in CFI speakers at World Religions and other conferences.
Why Should You Donate/Pledge to the Centre for Inquiry?
CFI has been featured in a full-length CBC National feature story, several TV documentaries, and received over 800 TV, radio and print media hits to date!
CFI provides regular contribution to:
- Michael Coren Show on CTS TV
- National Post Holy Post
- Globe and Mail Faith & Ethics Panel
- Ottawa Citizen’s Saturday Ask the Religious Experts Section
- Rob Breakenridge Show on Calgary Radio
Consider the Resources for Other Worldviews!
Canadian religious charities receive over 2.5 more in donations than educational charities. Small religious denominations like Sikh and Baha’is pull in over $10million/year despite representing under 1% of the population. CFI represents the values and principles of 25% of Canadians - atheists, agnostics, skeptics and secular humanists - with a budget less than 2% as high.
How you can support the Centre for Inquiry
CFI has an annual operating budget of about $200,000. In order to support our operations and continue to grow we need your help to reach this amount. In addition, we are looking for donations for specific projects, as outlined below.
- Campus Outreach Director
- Think Again! TV Producer
- Multimedia Director
- Full Time: $36,000/year
- Part Time: $18,000/year
2. Property Rental:
3. “Extraordinary Claims” Outreach Campaign:
4. Major Advertising Campaigns:
5. Educational & Critical Thinking Curriculum Materials & Courses:
6. Secular & Religious Humanism Conference:
7. Campus Outreach:
9. Social and Community Services:
Return to our support page to donate.